Join the Joy of Travel on a . . .
Magical Christmas Markets Cruise Along the Rhine River!
December 1-8, 2018
The Christmas season in Europe is pure magic! Each December the squares of the medieval towns lining the Rhine are transformed into enchanting Christmas Markets filled with the aromas of gingerbread and grilled sausages. The market stalls offer a delightful array of hand-carved wood works, colorful woolen scarves, Christmas ornaments and much more. You can shop 'til you drop or simply enjoy the ambience as you sip on traditional gluhwein.
On our 8 day journey from Amsterdam to Basil we will visit 10 ports in 4 countries and 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. We will visit grand cathedrals and ancient hilltop castles, historic cities and the fabled Black Forest, all while enjoying luxury accommodations and the ease of unpacking only once.
Contact Joy or Kassey today!
Joy - (918) 339-4805 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kassey - (918) 470-9778 or email@example.com
Day by Day
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Capital of The Netherlands, Amsterdam is renowned for its museums, colorful gardens, abundance of bicycles and endless lattice of canals.
Kinderdijk, The Netherlands
The South Holland village community of Kinderdijk includes a set of 19 windmills and other ingenious technologies built in the 18th century to control flooding.
An intriguing mix of old and new, Cologne reveals its Roman heritage in the city layout and ancient ruins that lie scattered through the town.
On a breathtaking stretch of the Rhine that leads from medieval Koblenz to Braubach to Rüdesheim, the 11th-century Marksburg Castle towers over the river.
Germany’s oldest university town, Heidelberg is situated in the Neckar Valley just east of the Rhine. Explore its castle, then journey to 11th-century Speyer for its UNESCO-listed cathedral.
Thanks to its location at the border of France and Germany, Strasbourg boasts a convivial mix of cultural influences.
Breisach is located in one of the warmest parts of Germany, next to Alsace, which is famous for its wine-growing.
Located along the Rhine River, Basel sits at the point where French, German and Swiss borders meet, marking the gateway to the Swiss Rhineland.
Viking Inclusive Value
Your included features and services:
- 6 included shore excursions with local guide & headset
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary beer, wine & soft drinks with onboard lunch & dinner
- Multiple dining venues with open seating
- 24/7 specialty coffees, teas & bottled water
- Aquavit Terrace® and the most al fresco dining on Europe's Rivers
- All port taxes and fees
- Airport transfers on date of embarkation/disembarkation with Viking Air program
- 8-days; 4 countries; 10 ports
- Visit 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Culture Curriculum®: enjoy a classical music performance; learn how to create your own Alsatian flammkuchen; observe a traditional glassblower; attend lectures on Germany’s current affairs & origins of Rhine River cruising
- All onboard meals featuring regional specialties & always available American classics
- Welcome Cocktail Reception & Farewell Dinner
- Organic herb garden
- Open-air walking track
- 24/7 Guest Services for special requests
- Riverview stateroom
- Room steward & twice daily housekeeping service
- Hotel-style bed with optional twin-bed configuration; luxury linens & pillows
- 40" flat-screen LCD TV & complimentary Movies on Demand
- Refrigerator, security safe, hair dryer
- 110/220 volt outlets & USB port
- Heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirrors
- Glass-enclosed shower
- Premium Freyja® toiletries, bathrobe & slippers (upon request)